Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday...blah!

So today was a great day..NOT! Oliver woke up at 6:45 after sleeping about nine hours so that was great! His first nap was a success, but after that, not so good! I had to take my car into the shop today because the air stopped working AGAIN! I just had it charged a month ago and it lost it's charge within three days! I just slacked and waited a month to get it in again. I decided to take it somewhere new to get another opinion. The new car shop called and stated they charged my air and it was ready for pick-up. After explaining AGAIN that I just had it charged a month ago and it lost it's charge 3 days after doing so, they stated they would look at my car again. Low and behold they have to keep it until Wednesday to replace some stupid part that will cost me about $600!! Yay! We decided to fix it because Zach's car doesn't have air in it either. We would like one car with air..I mean two would be pushing it:) We just got done having his car in the shop and being told all his fixes would cost us well over $1000, maybe close to $2000. His car is not even worth this anymore, I'm sure. We fixed one of the items on his car so it could run and what do you know, same problem is back today :) Sooo both our cars are becoming money pits and we are debating on getting a new car right now. Not really in our budget, but we need a good car to tote Oliver around in. Neither of us have had a car payment ever so we are hemmin' and hawin' not wanting to take the big step of purchasing/leasing. While my car was in the shop I went to my dad's house to hang with Oliver (and Meg-o for a bit). Oliver was a big fuss-butt. He did NOT want to sleep and only wanted to be held! He wasn't eating much again today either. This combination made him a grouch. Eventually he fell asleep for about an hour and a half. Zach had to come pick me up since my car is staying until Wednesday. After talking with my dad, he decided to take my dad's car so we can have a vehicle that runs while mine is in the shop (Zach's is stalling and having trouble starting :) ). When we got home, we fed the dogs and Oliver and then packed him back up for a trip to the grocery. He did pretty well at the first grocery store. Yes I said FIRST. Walmart had CRAP for produce so we went to Meijer's after Walmart. Because Zach must not know how to close a Jeep hatch door, we looked like idiots after leaving the Walmart parking lot. I'll preface with that dad's Jeep runs, but is faaar from a nice car both in looks and sound so we already have that going for us. Also, I was driving and when I drive other people's cars for some reason I feel the need to get as close to the steering wheel as possible and keep my back perfectly straight at all times. I want to be proper when driving other's property:) At this point we're looking good in the Jeep! Sooo as we're exiting the parking lot, the back hatch OPENS and groceries fall out. The only way we knew this was the car behind us blew his horn. I pulled over and made Zach walk allll they way back to get the dog food that had fallen out :) The dog food bag must be made out of heavy duty material because that sucker was still closed tight! Zach thinks the reason it fell out was my Mario Andretti driving skills...I had to remind him that it actually fell out because he doesn't know how to latch a door! Quite a day! After our adventure, we settled in for the night. Oliver is finally sleeping, Zach and the dogs are in bed, and I set up fort on the couch again (I've been sleeping on the couch since Oliver has been tummy sleeping. Makes me feel better because I'm closer. Zach still can't figure out how sleeping on the couch helps any. Probably doesn't, but oh well, makes me feel better). All is well in the Beiswanger house now...

No comments:

Post a Comment